5/25/2008

That's what I call "shuffle"

I've been purchasing a lot of music lately. I'm not sure why. You'd think with the whole musician thing, I'd be buying music all the time but I'm also a cheapskate so... I've noticed that my selections are a bit on the schizophrenic side. Here's what I'm rocking (in order of when I bought it with most recent first):

The Sundays - Just one song though. I was having this nostalgic longing.
The Stone Roses - The self-titled album. I received a copy of this album on my 16th birthday. That's a good album, one that follows you so long.
Guns N' Roses - I bought some of their greatest hits. This was actually a request from my nephew who was digging some Weezer last time I saw him. I told him I would burn a cd of Weezer for him and he said,"Can I get some Guns N' Roses too?". You know I'm a good aunt. Plus, Guns N' Roses had some hits.
New Buffalo - This woman (Sally Seltmann, a.k.a. New Buffalo) wrote 1,2,3,4. Maybe you've heard that little ditty performed by Feist? Maybe. I've checked a few songs of New Buffalo's out and liked them so I decided to take a chance on Somewhere, anywhere. Admittedly, it took a few listens but now those songs are lodged, hard. Beautiful.
Cheap Trick - Ok, I only bought I Want You To Want Me and I listen to it in the morning before I go to work. Some things can't be explained, such as, why I love the hell out of that song.
Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlan - Dude, I'm Mexican y a veces necesito la musica de los mariachis. The passion with which the Mexicans celebrate their heartbreak is unparalleled.
Radiohead - The fervor around their giving it away for free pretty much overshadowed the fact that this is one hell of an album. Of course, I bought it because I am a damn sucker who takes too long to get on anything. Story of my life.


No comments: