6/13/2008

Show review: Blondie's on Monday

Allow me to tell you about the good times I had at Blondie's this past Monday. First off, the opening band, Solis, was awesome. Not that I'm terribly suprised but when you're playing for free on a Monday, sometimes the acts can be a little dodgy. This was not the case, largely owing to Amber's voice. But the music was nothing to sneeze at either. What I'm saying is, go see them at the Red Vic on July 19th. I don't know why I'm pimping them. I should be pimping myself but there's plenty of pimp juice to go around.
No there isn't.

That's gross.

Pretend I didn't say that.


That reminds me:
The other day, I drank a beer before going out on an exercise walk and I kept referring to it as "exercise juice". I'm sure it wasn't annoying at all.

Anyway, back to the show. The crowd for my set was amongst the most receptive ever. I loved those guys. After one of my new songs, one of the dudes gave an emphatic, "yeah." People were air drumming. I dug it. Yes, I did. So, you know, it was good. I'm doing it again soon. You'll hear about it here.

After that Kiyoshi went on and killed it. What a performer, that guy. Belting out the good times. Good show, good show. One of my friends showed up about five minutes after I finished. She had been out with a friend who couldn't remember where she had parked and they'd had to walk around for a while before they found it.

This picture has nothing to do with anything I wrote above. It's me at the laundromat. It's just nice to have pictures.

No comments: