5/24/2011

Pegboard Towel Rack

There were a few months this year when we couldn't open our back door because the frame had swollen to such epic proportions that the door didn't fit anymore. While we waited for it to be fixed, we had to "lock" our back door by propping a 2x4 between the door and the wall. Basically, the poor door was a goner and when the rainy season stopped, it got replaced. I had to replace my previous door rack (which was literally a piece of wood with nails hammered into it for hooks) with something wider. I decided to hobble together something out of pegboard to make it more adaptable.

I glued a small piece of MDF to the back of the pegboard. Here it is, clamped and drying.

Here's the finished product. I'd wanted to paint it white to make it a titch less utilitarian (read "ugly") but frankly, I needed to get back to screen printing and didn't have time to wait. This rack is key to my screen printing because it holds my test prints off of the table, keeping everything clean and accessible.

Here's the finished product.

Oh, this? Just one of the first towels I ever printed, hanging out in all its swatch-ed glory.

No comments: