1/15/2009

Newsworthy

The Bay Bridged also included my show for their Weekend Picks. Sweet. I've been trying to tell all my friends and associates that this is going to be a good one. Now that it's been recommended by not one but two San Francisco music blogs, I feel so validated. 

On that note, I got an email earlier in the week from Radford Bishop, who actually came and stayed at my shitty, one-bedroom apartment in South San Francisco (The Industrial City... we all pay our dues) while he was on tour years ago. This was while I was still in The Pre-Teens and we played a few shows together. Anyway, he managed to track me down through that new bio I put up for The Pre-Teens on last.fm (I knew that was a good idea). I don't mean to toot my own horn, but here's what Radford had to say about my old band:

The PreTeens have actually been a huge influence for me!  You guys were pheonomenal. I play those 2 cd's for everyone I know just about (I still listen to songs from both albums on a weekly basis, if you can believe that) and encourage them to buy the cd's online. 

So toot toot, motherfuckers (too much?). Now, that is a fan. Look, sometimes I need a little ego boost. Ok, all the time. I'm only human. Radford's band is good, yes? I can hear a little Pre-Teens in there. I want to listen to more but my wife has had the stomach flu for the past few days so I've had to sit around and watch her sleep. Priorities!

No comments: